Saturday, December 03, 2005

Current Writing Projects

Let me share a couple of projects that I'm working on right now. The major project is a special issue of the Journal of the American Society of Information Science and Technology on Global Information Ethics. I'm a co-editor with Dr. Toni Carbo from the University of Pittsburgh. We have a team of wonderful people working on papers. I'm writing a history and perspectives article to set the tone of the article; Toni is doing the formal intro to the issue. Right now I'm asking scholars in the field to send me short statements about what they remember about the beginnings of the field and how they got interested in research in the area.

Another project is a book of readings on Information Ethics and Policy. Again Toni Carbo and I are working together. We hope to gather up key readings that could be used in LIS courses or by general readings interested in the area. Our angle will be slightly different from what is available right now. We plan to include some official documents, early statements on the issues, and some hot policy issues in the news now. Suggestions? Let us know.

No comments: