Monday, October 17, 2005

INFO679: Information Ethics-- The Course

I'm back. It's been a busy fall, but now I'm ready to get back to regular blogging. I'll be teaching Information Ethics in our Winter Quarter at Dragon U. Hope some of my prospective students will find this blog a good way to get into the field. Also, I hope students will let me know what topics are of most interest. What are the hot topics that matter to you all? Privacy? National Security and the Patriot Act? Censorship? Internet Filtering? Evolution and Intelligent Design (the role of scientific information in society)? Information ethics and the media? Journalistic integrity and the privacy of sources? Privacy and health records, DNA, etc.? Start looking at TV, movies, newspapers, magazines, and Internet sites with some of these issues in mind....more to come.

No comments: